12th Conference of the Association for Linguistic Typology (ALT), Canberra, Australia
The 12th meeting of the Association for Linguistic Typology will be held at the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia from 12th to 14th December. The preceding day (11th) will feature typological teach-ins on three language families: Australian, Papuan and Austronesian. The Friday after the conference (15th) will be reserved for workshops. There will also be a slot for poster sessions. We encourage attendees to come for this whole week.
Registration is from 8:00-5:00 on Monday and Tuesday in the Coombs Extension Foyer (directly across from back entrance to the Coombs Lecture Theatre), and 8:30 on days after.
Tea and Lunch is in the Coombs Extension 1.04 on Monday and in both the Coombs Extension Foyer and Coombs Lecture Theatre Foyer on Tuesday-Thursday.
Plenaries will be given by
- the Greenberg Prize winner Ksenia Shagal (University of Helsinki)
- the Gabelentz Prize winner Diana Forker (University of Bamberg)
- Dan Dediu (Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics)
- Plenary Panel on Issues in Morphosyntactic Typology featuring Rachel Nordlinger (University of Melbourne), Jean-Christophe Verstraete (University of Leuven) and Hilary Chappell (L'Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales-Centre de Recherches Linguistiques sur l'Asie Orientale)
- Plenary Panel on Comparability featuring Greville Corbett (University of Surrey), Ulrike Zeshan (University of Central Lancashire), Lindell Bromham (Australian National University) and Kim Sterelny (Australian National University)
Dates: 11th-15th December 2017
Location: Australian National University Campus
Note also the following activities of interest in the two preceding weeks:
- 27th Nov-1st Dec: CoEDL Summer School on Typology, venue tba.
- 4th-7th Dec: Annual meeting of the Australian Linguistics Society, to be held at the University of Sydney. This will include a special event on 4th December celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Australian Linguistics Society.
Find descriptions of workshops and teach-ins in the left edge menu.
- 15th Aug: Call for workshop proposals
- 15th Oct: Deadlne for workshop proposals (closed)
- 15th Nov: Decision and announcement on workshop proposals
- 15th Dec: General call for abstracts (closed)
- 31st Mar: Deadline for abstract submission and scholarship applications for researchers from low-income countries (closed)
- 15 May: Notification of acceptance for ALT Conference and scholarship winners
- 1st Oct: Deadline for Regular Registration (closed)
- 2nd Oct-18th Nov: Late Registration (closed)
10th Dec: Quantitative Teach-in
11th Dec: Language Family Teach-ins
12th-14th Dec: Main Conference
15th Dec: Workshops
For enquiries contact email@example.com