How to use the CoEDL Zotero group
All Centre publications are managed in Zotero, an open-source reference management and file storage system. Zotero syncs with our website, meaning that your publications are made visible almost immediately.
If you're a research member of the Centre (not an affiliate, PI or AI) here's how to add your Centre publications to our website using Zotero.
Important!: Please do not enter 'online release' versions. We are only recording true publications. For journal articles this means that there must be a volume number and a (revised) page span.
Note that if you have used any reference management software before, such as EndNote, you will find Zotero very straightforward.
- Register a user account with Zotero here, and send your username to Piers.Kelly@anu.edu.au or Joanne.Allen@anu.edu.au
- Sign in with your username and password.
- Click on the tab 'Groups'. If you do not see CoEDL listed as a group, send an email to Piers.Kelly@anu.edu.au
- Download Zotero Standalone. (You can also download a Zotero Firefox plug-in, but Zotero Standalone has more functionality)
- Open Zotero Standalone.
- Go to Preferences -> Sync and enter your username and password
- In sidebar of the main window of Zotero you should now see CoEDL listed under Group Libraries. Click on it to see the full list of publications. If you don't, click the green 'sync' button in the top right hand corner of the window.
- Add your publication to the 'CoEDL' group by clicking on the green 'plus' symbol and entering citation data. Add a pdf to an entry by clicking on the paperclip symbol. Alternatively, make alterations to errors you have detected in existing records.
- You will notice a few subfolders underneath the CoEDL group icon, named according to editions of the newsletter and their dates of issue. Look for the folder named 'Edition xx (add new pubs here too!)' After you have uploaded your new publications, go and find them in the CoEDL group then drag them into this folder. That way, the Communications and Outreach Coordinator will know to report them in the next edition of the newsletter.
Please note that pre-2014 publications and publications without a CoEDL author will be deleted. Affiliate publications are not recorded here but may be publicised on social media or added to the Staff & Affiliate Projects page (contact the Communications and Outreach Coordinator).