ALT2017: Call for workshop proposals
Proposal Submission Deadline: 15 October 2016
Notification of Acceptance: 15 November 2016
The Association for Linguistic Typology (ALT) invites proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with ALT 2017. We solicit proposals on any topic of interest to the ALT community including focussed workshops on issues of regional interest, particular linguistic phenomenon and developments in methodology. Workshops will be held at the Australian National University on December 15, 2017, the day following ALT 2017.
Proposals will be reviewed by the ALT 2017 Abstract Review Committee.
Accepted workshops will be announced with the general ALT 2017 call on 15 December 2016. Workshop organizers should anticipate approximately one-third of their workshop slots to be filled by abstracts solicited through the open call. Abstracts solicited through the open call will undergo a blind review by both the workshop organizers and members of the Abstract Review Committee.
Proposals for workshops should contain:
A title and brief (1-2 pages) description of the workshop topic and content.
- The desired workshop length (full day or half day), the desired format and length of presentations, and an estimated number of the workshop presenters, both for the selected participants and for those solicited through the open call.
- The names, affiliations and emails of the organizer(s), with a short statement of their research interests and areas of expertise.
- The names and affiliations of confirmed or tentative workshop presenters.
- A description of special requirements for technical needs.
- A brief (one paragraph) description of the workshop for the open call.
Notification of acceptance of workshop proposals will occur no later than 15 November 2015.
Submit your proposal here: call for workshops
For inquiries, send email to the ALT 2017 organizers at: email@example.com