Travel information

Getting to and from Canberra

Getting to Canberra via train, plane, car or bus

Visas for visiting Australia

Most people coming into Australia from overseas will need to apply for a visa before arrival, and the information about this can be found on the Department of Home Affairs website. We have registered ICHL24 with the department, which should help with visa applications.

Although visa classes change from time to time we cannot guarantee the accuracy or currency of this information, however, for most conference attendees the most relevant visa category will be 'eVisitor (subclass 651).

We recommend that event participants apply for their visa well in advance of their intended date of travel to Australia. Information about visa processing times is available on the Department’s website:

The Immigration Department has provided the following factsheets to assist you:

Transport in Canberra

When you arrive in Canberra, you can rent a car at the airport, use a taxi or uber. There is also public transportation to and from the airport (Routes 11 and 11A).

There is parking at the ANU campus, although we recommend arriving early so that you have time to find a car park. For more information about parking and a map of the campus, click here.

  • Australian Government
  • The University of Queensland
  • Australian National University
  • The University of Melbourne
  • Western Sydney University