The ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language (CoEDL) has some support for students and unwaged people to attend CoEDL events. The aim of the Summer School travel support awards is to support new and emerging researchers, who have the potential to contribute to the growth of the language sciences, especially as relating to the languages of Australia and its region. The awards are intended for people with limited or no access to funding support, including, but not limited to, students and speakers of small languages. This support is available to Australian citizens and permanent residents as well as to citizens of other countries.
1. Students whose primary supervisor is a Chief Investigator (CI) in CoEDL are not eligible to apply. They should approach their supervisor for support.
2. Students whose co-supervisor is a CI in CoEDL should contact that co-supervisor and find out what level of travel support they may be able to access, and describe that level of support in their application.
3. You must have a referee (e.g. supervisor, professional, member of speech community).
To apply for this support, please fill out the form below, save it as a Word document (.doc or .docx), and email it to email@example.com.
For students: Your supervisor will also need to write a supporting letter, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
For un-/low-waged people: Your referee will also need to write a supporting letter, and email it to the email@example.com by the closing date.
If you have any queries prior to the closing date, please contact the event coordinator by email. After the closing date, applications will be reviewed by the CoEDL Education Committee. All applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible after applications close.
Thank you for your interest in CoEDL. We look forward to your application.
How do I apply for a travel support package?
Submit your application by Friday 4th August, 5pm AEST
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Post to:
Australian National University
9 Fellows Road
Acton ACT 2601
How are travel support packages decided?
The Education Committee of CoEDL will review all applications and decide on successful applicants as a committee.
When will I be notified if I am successful?
Successful applicants will be advised of the outcome as soon as possible after we receive the applications.
This will enable you to book your travel during late August. Places will be available to those who have been awarded a travel support package.
If I am successful how will I receive funds?
If you are successful you will receive
- a lump sum payment of the amount in the budget provided directly to your bank account
- be reimbursed for the expenses incurred up to the amount included in the application budget
Are there any other ways to be supported for attending the Summer School?
Grant schemes within your home institution may be in a position to support attendance at the Summer School. Check with your local research office.