Summer School 2015
1st Summer School of the ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language
When: 3-7 December, 2015
Where: Sancta Sophia College, 8 Missenden Rd, Camperdown NSW (Sydney)
** REGISTRATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED DUE TO MOST COURSES REACHING CAPACITY. **
There may still be limited availability in some courses. Please email Siobhain O'Leary (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss enrolment options and to be added to the waitlist.
Registration is free and open to all. Waged attendees are asked to pay $25 per day to assist with catering costs.
This year’s ARC COEDL Summer School will feature six short courses:
- Experimental Research on Language Learning & Processing (Cutler, Escudero, Kalashnikova, Kember, Mulak), 6 hours
- History of Australian Languages I: The Proto-Australian hypothesis, and the sociolinguistics of language contact (Harvey, Mailhammer), 6 hours
- History of Australian Languages II: The Pama-Nyungan language family (Koch) - 6 hours (follows on from HAL-I)
- Making Friends with Your Corpus Data (Hendery, Jones, Meakins, Nicholls), 6 hours
- Statistics for Language Research: An Introduction to R (Kidd), 12 hours
- Making Language Visible: the why and how of video recording (Seyfeddinipur), 12 hours
How to take a course for credit at your university
Each course can optionally be taken for credit by attending all days and completing the assessment tasks set. These tasks need to be marked by academics at your home university.
If you want to take a course for credit, it is your responsibility to contact the relevant undergraduate or postgraduate convenor at your university as soon as possible, to organise enrolment and meet assessment requirements through your home university.
If you plan to take one or more courses for credit, please tell us this on the registration form.
Siobhain O’Leary, Node Coordinator, COEDL, Western Sydney University