12th Conference of the Association for Linguistic Typology (ALT), Canberra, Australia
The 12th meeting of the Association for Linguistic Typology will be held at the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia from 12th to 14th December. The preceding day (11th) will feature typological teach-ins on three language families: Australian, Papuan and Austronesian. The Friday after the conference (15th) will be reserved for workshops. There will also be a slot for poster sessions. We encourage attendees to come for this whole week.
Plenaries will be given by
- the Greenberg Prize winner
- the Gabelentz Prize winner
- Dan Dediu (Max Planck Institute for Pyscholinguistics).
- Plenary Panel on Issues in Morphosyntactic Typology featuring Rachel Nordlinger (University of Melbourne), Jean-Christophe Verstraete (University of Leuven) and TBA
- Plenary Panel on Comparability featuring Greville Corbett (University of Surrey), Lindell Bromham (Australian National University) and Kim Sterelny (Australian National University)
Dates: 11th-15th December 2017
Location: Australian National University Campus
Note also the following activities of interest in the two preceding weeks:
- 27th Nov-1st Dec: CoEDL Summer School on Typology, venue tba.
- 4th-7th Dec: Annual meeting of the Australian Linguistics Society, to be held at the University of Sydney. This will include a special event on 4th December celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Australian Linguistics Society.
Find descriptions of workshops and teach-ins in the left edge menu.
- 15th Aug: Call for workshop proposals
- 15th Oct: Deadlne for workshop proposals
- 15th Nov: Decision and announcement on workshop proposals
- 15th Dec: General call for abstracts
- 31st March: Deadline for abstract submission and scholarship applications for researchers from low-income countries
- 5 May: Notification of acceptance for ALT Conference and scholarship winners
For enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org